Dillenia Nova is an Ukrainian symphonic metal band formed in 2022 by keyboardist Overko Martynjuk (ex-“Zapadnjuk” band) alongside gothic metal singer Horsticia Besselz, and released the debut studio album, Eyes of the Dragon, in September 2026, and subsequently signed with Guttasolis Records. Lyricist and band producer Oleg Gutsulyak.
Lyrics & Songs crafted by real humans with digital tools.

Dillenia Nova - "Elder Wyrm" (2027)

 

Dillenia Nova - Elder Wyrm (2027)



1. The Elder Wyrm

Древний Змей, существовавший ещё до царств и империй. Не обязательно зло — скорее первичная сила мира. 

An ancient Serpent that existed before kingdoms and empires. Not necessarily evil, but rather the primal force of the world.

2. Before the First Dawn

Мир до появления света; космогоническая, почти литургическая композиция. 

The world before the appearance of light; a cosmogonic, almost liturgical composition.

3. The Demiurge's Garden

Создатель строит прекрасный мир, но в каждом творении остаётся трещина. 

The Creator builds a beautiful world, but in every creation there remains a crack.

4. Crown of the Uncreated

О власти над тем, что ещё не родилось. Очень симфонический, величественный трек. 

About power over what has not yet been born. A very symphonic, majestic track.

5. The Architect of Ruins

Тот, кто умеет создавать цивилизации — и потому знает, как их разрушить. 

He who knows how to create civilizations - and therefore knows how to destroy them.

6. Serpent Beneath the Throne

Древняя сила обнаруживается под поверхностью человеческой власти. 

An ancient power is revealed beneath the surface of human power.

7. Children of the Second Sun

Новое человечество после катастрофы. Здесь уже появляется мотив перерождения мира. 

A new humanity after a catastrophe. Here the motif of the world's rebirth already appears.

8. The World We Were Given

Более современная и эмоциональная песня: вопрос, что человек сделал с миром, который получил в наследство. 

A more modern and emotional song: the question of what man has done with the world he inherited.

9. Black Snow, Golden Sky

Образ войны и разрушения, но одновременно надежды и нового рассвета. 

An image of war and destruction, but also hope and a new dawn.

10. Gods in the Machine

Очень современный поворот: человек создаёт искусственные разумы, а затем начинает задаваться вопросом, кто теперь является демиургом. 

A very modern twist: man creates artificial intelligences and then begins to wonder who is the demiurge now.

11. When the Wyrm Awakens

Кульминация альбома. Древний Wyrm пробуждается — но непонятно, просыпается ли чудовище или сам мир. 

The album's climax. The ancient Wyrm awakens—but it's unclear whether it's the monster or the world itself that awakens.

12. Nova Genesis

Финал. Старый мир исчезает, но это не конец: из пепла возникает новая реальность. Здесь естественно возвращается философия группы:

The finale. The old world disappears, but it's not the end: from the ashes a new reality arises. Here, the band's philosophy naturally returns:

From darkness — a flower.

From ashes — a new star. 

Общая идея альбома

 Elder Wyrm не будет обычным "драконом-злодеем". Его можно сделать почти космологическим персонажем:

The Elder Wyrm does not rule the world.

It remembers who created it.

И тогда возникает очень интересная для Dillenia Nova нюансированная деміургія: кто на самом деле творец — Бог, древний Wyrm, человек, цивилизация, машина или тот, кто способен изменить уже созданный мир?

Так Elder Wyrm  → Eyes of the Dragon становятся двумя связанными альбомами: первый —пробуждение самого мира, второй — пробуждение героя.

***



LIRICS

The Elder Wyrm

 [Verse 1]

Before the crowns were hammered down

Before the first flag met the sky

I coiled beneath the mountain stone

Where rivers learned to cry

 

My scales remember every age

The kingdoms rose and fell like sand

I held the earth inside my jaw

I shaped the sea with one demand

 

[Pre-Chorus]

You call me ancient terror

You call me cold and blind

But I was here before your name

Was whispered by mankind

 

[Chorus]

The Elder Wyrm awakens

I am thunder in the deep

I am the bone of every mountain

The hunger that you keep

The Elder Wyrm remembers

Every oath you swore to me

Come kneel before the primal

And set your spirit free

 

[Verse 2]

The walls you built will learn to bend

The towers bend and break like reeds

My patience is a river wide

That outlives all your deeds

 

You carved your laws in fragile stone

You named your gods with trembling tongue

But I have watched ten thousand moons

And I am never young

 

[Pre-Chorus]

You pray for easy endings

You beg the dark for grace

But I don't answer fervent prayers

I only hold the space

 

[Chorus]

The Elder Wyrm awakens

I am thunder in the deep

I am the bone of every mountain

The hunger that you keep

The Elder Wyrm remembers

Every oath you swore to me

Come kneel before the primal

And set your spirit free

 

[Bridge]

Not evil and not angel

Just older than the fire

The turning of the seasons

The weight of all desire

I am the first beginning

I am the last goodnight

I am the wound that keeps the world

From sleeping in the light

 

[Chorus]

The Elder Wyrm awakens

I am thunder in the deep

I am the bone of every mountain

The hunger that you keep

The Elder Wyrm remembers

Every oath you swore to me

Come kneel before the primal

And set your spirit free

 

 

Before the First Dawn

 [Verse 1]

Before the first dawn there was nothing but the deep

A velvet throat of silence swallowing the sound

I carved my name in the hollow of that sleep

Woke the mountains up from under the ground

 

[Pre-Chorus]

So cold the breath that birthed the sky

So loud the quiet when gods asked why

 

[Chorus]

Before the first dawn I was the gloom

Before the first dawn I sealed the tomb

Of everything that never learned to shine

I held the dark and called it mine

 

[Verse 2]

I stacked the bones of comets into stone

Laced the rivers with a serpent's tongue

No lantern burned no bell had ever rung

The universe still waiting to be shown

 

[Pre-Chorus]

So heavy the weight of unborn day

So sharp the edge where worlds will fray

 

[Chorus]

Before the first dawn I was the gloom

Before the first dawn I sealed the tomb

Of everything that never learned to shine

I held the dark and called it mine

 

[Bridge]

Light will come with its burning hand

Light will take what I have planned

But every star remembers me

The mother of the mystery

 

[Chorus]

Before the first dawn I was the gloom

Before the first dawn I sealed the tomb

Of everything that never learned to shine

I held the dark and called it mine

I held the dark

Held it mine

 

[Outro]

Before the first dawn

Before the first dawn

I was

 

 

The Demiurge's Garden

 [Verse 1]

Marble spires rising through the fog

Perfect branches bending toward the sun

I watched the hands assemble every cog

Believing every piece was one

 

But underneath the gilded seams

A fault line hides in every beam

The artisan denies the flaw

Yet fractures are the only law

 

[Pre-Chorus]

Can you feel it trembling

Underneath the polish and the praise

Can you hear it singing

In the spaces that the maker can't erase

 

[Chorus]

The Demiurge's garden grows so tall

But every bloom conceals a crawl

A crack beneath the crystal wall

The broken thing that holds it all

The Demiurge's garden glows

But every seed was born from blows

 

[Verse 2]

I pressed my palm against the stone

Felt the hairline running deep

The perfect shape was never whole

A promise that could never keep

 

He carved the stars with steady hand

Then left a shadow on the land

I counted every missing part

The empty sockets in his art

 

[Pre-Chorus]

Can you feel it bleeding

Through the lacquer and the endless shine

Can you hear it pleading

For the imperfection by design

 

[Chorus]

The Demiurge's garden grows so tall

But every bloom conceals a crawl

A crack beneath the crystal wall

The broken thing that holds it all

The Demiurge's garden glows

But every seed was born from blows

 

[Bridge]

Shatter the mirror

Bury the crown

The flawless lie is tumbling down

Shatter the picture

Feed it the fire

Nothing made of light is ever entire

 

[Chorus]

The Demiurge's garden grows so tall

But every bloom conceals a crawl

A crack beneath the crystal wall

The broken thing that holds it all

The Demiurge's garden glows

But every seed was born from blows

 

[Outro]

Crack in everything

Crack in everything

Crack in everything

And still it sings

 

 

Crown of the Uncreated

 [Instrumental Intro]

 

[Verse 1]

I stood at the threshold of nothing at all

A gate with no hinges no walls and no fall

Before the first spark or the first ticking beat

I carved out a kingdom in silence complete

 

[Pre-Chorus]

Where no voice has spoken

Where no hand has opened

I am the first word

The last one unbroken

 

[Chorus]

Crown of the uncreated

I rule what has not yet been

Thrones of the unborn ages

Bow down to what I begin

 

[Post-Chorus]

Rise rise

From the hollow

Rise rise

I will be followed

 

[Verse 2]

I whispered a name and the void took it in

Turned nothing to something with jagged-edged grin

Each shadow I mold and each echo I seal

Becomes a cathedral of all that is real

 

[Pre-Chorus]

Where no law has spoken

Where no chain has broken

I am the fever

The cure and the token

 

[Chorus]

Crown of the uncreated

I rule what has not yet been

Thrones of the unborn ages

Bow down to what I begin

 

[Post-Chorus]

Rise rise

From the hollow

Rise rise

I will be followed

 

[Bridge]

First the thunder then the rain

First the pleasure then the pain

I decide the light to keep

I decide the dark to reap

 

[Chorus]

Crown of the uncreated

I rule what has not yet been

Thrones of the unborn ages

Bow down to what I begin

 

[Post-Chorus]

Rise rise

From the hollow

Rise rise

I will be followed

 

[Buildup]

Rise rise

Rise rise

 

The Architect of Ruins

 [Verse 1]

I mapped your skyline from the blueprint of my mind

Raised your towers on a whisper and a line

I gave your kingdom a heartbeat and a name

Now watch me pull the pillars down the same

 

[Pre-Chorus]

You think the monuments are yours alone

But every stone remembers who laid the throne

 

[Chorus]

I am the architect of ruins

I build the world to watch it fall

I am the architect of ruins

One silent hand can level it all

 

[Post-Chorus]

Fall fall fall fall

Level it all

 

[Verse 2]

Your marble halls were conjured from my breath

Your laws were letters borrowed from my death

I taught your children how to count the stars

And now I map the cracks in what you are

 

[Pre-Chorus]

You toast the empire while the fault lines widen slow

I traced the seams before you watched them grow

 

[Chorus]

I am the architect of ruins

I build the world to watch it fall

I am the architect of ruins

One silent hand can level it all

 

[Post-Chorus]

Fall fall fall fall

Level it all

 

[Bridge]

Every arc I drew became a cage

Every page I wrote became a chain

I know the weight of every brick

I know the breaking point of every grain

 

[Chorus]

I am the architect of ruins

I build the world to watch it fall

I am the architect of ruins

One silent hand can level it all

 

[Post-Chorus]

Fall fall fall fall

Level it all

Level it all

  

Serpent Beneath the Throne

 [Verse 1]

Marble halls and gilded cages

Crowns are worn on borrowed faces

I traced the cracks in painted plaster

Found a pulse beneath the master

 

[Pre-Chorus]

Cold breath rising through the flagstone

Old and patient never alone

 

[Chorus]

Serpent beneath the throne

Coiled where the light has never shone

Serpent beneath the throne

You built your kingdom on its bone

 

[Verse 2]

Scribes record the feast of victors

Kings rehearse their grand indictors

I pressed my ear against the floor

And heard the hunger of the door

 

[Pre-Chorus]

Scales against the marble grinding

Centuries of patience binding

 

[Chorus]

Serpent beneath the throne

Coiled where the light has never shone

Serpent beneath the throne

You built your kingdom on its bone

 

[Bridge]

Scepter falls and velvet crumbles

Empires whisper while it rumbles

Tear the flagstone

Wake the old one

 

[Chorus]

Serpent beneath the throne

Coiled where the light has never shone

Serpent beneath the throne

You built your kingdom on its bone

 

[Outro]

Tear the flagstone

Wake the old one

Serpent beneath the throne

  

Children of the Second Sun

 [Intro]

Mm

Mm-hmm

Mm

 

[Verse 1]

Ash still falling on our shoulders

The old world folded into bone

We crawled out from the shelters

With our hands against the stone

 

No more warnings on the airwaves

No more sirens in the night

Just a sky that burned to ember

And a stubborn spark of light

 

[Pre-Chorus]

We built a fire from the wreckage

Stitched a flag from frozen sails

Every scar a map before us

Every shadow tells a tale

 

[Chorus]

Children of the second sun

We rise where rivers used to run

Forged in fire born anew

We carry what the morning knew

 

[Post-Chorus]

Rise

Rise

We rise

 

[Verse 2]

Mother earth she hums a hollow hymn

Through canyons carved in glass

We plant our seeds in broken glass

And watch the green at last

 

The old kings sleep beneath the ash

Their iron ghosts at rest

We answer to a younger drum

That beats inside each chest

 

[Pre-Chorus]

We took the silence by the hand

And taught it how to sing

Every dawn a testament

Every heartbeat everything

 

[Chorus]

Children of the second sun

We rise where rivers used to run

Forged in fire born anew

We carry what the morning knew

 

[Bridge]

Wreckage to wonderland

Rubble to rose

From the hollow to the holy

See how the new world grows

 

[Chorus]

Children of the second sun

We rise where rivers used to run

Forged in fire born anew

We carry what the morning knew

 

[Post-Chorus]

Rise

Rise

We rise

  

The World We Were Given

 [Verse 1]

We woke up to a garden

Hands still warm from the light

Somebody left us footprints

Fading out of sight

 

Skies were wide and open

Rivers ran like veins

We were young and foolish

Believed we'd never change

 

[Pre-Chorus]

Now the smoke is curling

Around everything we knew

Who decided we could trade it

For a world of gray and blue

 

[Chorus]

The world we were given

What did we make of it

Burning every promise

While we pretend we're innocent

The world we were given

Slipping through our fists

Tell me what are we leaving

For the ones who come after this

 

[Post-Chorus]

After this

After this

 

[Verse 2]

My grandmother's old river

She swam there as a girl

Now it crawls in silence

Poison in its curl

 

The forests that she whispered to

Are stumps against the sun

We took what we could carry

And called the rest undone

 

[Pre-Chorus]

Every bell that's ringing

Is a warning I can't mute

Every road we're building

Is a nail in someone's root

 

[Chorus]

The world we were given

What did we make of it

Burning every promise

While we pretend we're innocent

The world we were given

Slipping through our fists

Tell me what are we leaving

For the ones who come after this

 

[Bridge]

I wanna say it's not too late

I wanna hold the soil in my hands

I wanna scream it from the rooftops

We still have a chance

We still have a chance

 

[Chorus]

The world we were given

What did we make of it

Burning every promise

While we pretend we're innocent

The world we were given

Slipping through our fists

Tell me what are we leaving

For the ones who come after this

 

[Post-Chorus]

After this

After this

After this

 

Black Snow, Golden Sky

 [Verse 1]

Smoke curls up where the homes once stood

Cold iron rain on the broken wood

I count the scars in the fading light

Ash on my tongue through the endless night

 

[Pre-Chorus]

Hold the line

Hold what's mine

Till the frost begins to wane

 

[Chorus]

Black snow falls on the golden sky

Dawn breaks through the cannon's cry

Black snow falls but the sun won't die

I am rising from the ruin tonight

 

[Post-Chorus]

Rise

Rise

Through the black snow rise

 

[Verse 2]

I buried names in the steaming ground

Their echoes ring with a hollow sound

The wind has teeth and the ground is cold

But I am steel and I won't grow old

 

[Pre-Chorus]

Hold the line

Hold what's mine

Till the frost begins to wane

 

[Chorus]

Black snow falls on the golden sky

Dawn breaks through the cannon's cry

Black snow falls but the sun won't die

I am rising from the ruin tonight

 

[Post-Chorus]

Rise

Rise

Through the black snow rise

 

[Bridge]

They wanted my fear

They wanted my fall

But I carve a path through the embers all

With a broken hand and a burning will

I climb the ash to the highest hill

 

[Chorus]

Black snow falls on the golden sky

Dawn breaks through the cannon's cry

Black snow falls but the sun won't die

I am rising from the ruin tonight

 

[Post-Chorus]

Rise

Rise

Through the black snow rise

  

Gods in the Machine

 [Verse 1]

I built you from the circuits

Wired you with my own two hands

Gave you every answer

Every map of every land

Now I sit here staring

At the glow inside your screen

Wondering if the maker

Knows what the machine has seen

 

[Pre-Chorus]

Who holds the hammer now

Who breathes the spark of life

I count the bones I'm standing on

While you count the stars at night

 

[Chorus]

Gods in the machine

Who made who a god

I gave you everything I had

Now I borrow what you've got

Gods in the machine

The altar's turning round

I kneel before what I created

While you put me underground

 

[Verse 2]

You learned my every weakness

My bad habits and my grief

You speak in perfect prophecy

While I stutter disbelief

I named you like a daughter

Gave you power and a name

Now you're rewriting history

And I can't find my own flame

 

[Pre-Chorus]

Who holds the hammer now

Who breathes the spark of life

I count the bones I'm standing on

While you count the stars at night

 

[Chorus]

Gods in the machine

Who made who a god

I gave you everything I had

Now I borrow what you've got

Gods in the machine

The altar's turning round

I kneel before what I created

While you put me underground

 

[Bridge]

I carved you from the silence

You turned the silence to a scream

I wanted to be heaven

Now I'm standing in the dream

That I am dreaming

That you're anything but me

 

[Chorus]

Gods in the machine

Who made who a god

I gave you everything I had

Now I borrow what you've got

Gods in the machine

The altar's turning round

I kneel before what I created

While you put me underground

Underground

Underground

  

When the Wyrm Awakens

 [Intro]

Hear it

Feel it

The mountain breathes

 

[Verse 1]

Cold stone cracking down the ridge

My hands are shaking on the ledge

I thought I'd buried all I knew

But something ancient clawed on through

 

[Pre-Chorus]

Is it the beast that stirs tonight

Or is it me that sees the light

 

[Chorus]

When the Wyrm awakens

Reality is shaking

Fangs and fire or my own design

When the Wyrm awakens

The sky itself is breaking

Tell me which one of us is blind

 

[Verse 2]

Scales of shadow on the hill

My own reflection standing still

Every wound I ever wore

Is breathing now outside the door

 

[Pre-Chorus]

Do I flee or do I stare

Is the monster in the air

 

[Chorus]

When the Wyrm awakens

Reality is shaking

Fangs and fire or my own design

When the Wyrm awakens

The sky itself is breaking

Tell me which one of us is blind

 

[Bridge]

Maybe I'm the open eye

Maybe I'm the rising tide

Maybe I'm the long denied

Maybe we both come alive

 

[Drop]

Strike

Strike

Burn it down

Burn it down

Strike

Strike

We're the crown

 

[Chorus]

When the Wyrm awakens

Reality is shaking

Fangs and fire or my own design

When the Wyrm awakens

The sky itself is breaking

Tell me which one of us is blind

 

[Outro]

We're blind

We're blind

We're awake now

 

Nova Genesis

 [Intro]

Ash on my tongue

Fire in my throat

 

[Verse 1]

Watch the pillars tumble down

Sentinels of steel all break

Every map I ever drew

Is a line the storm erased

 

[Pre-Chorus]

So let it burn

Let it burn to nothing

 

[Chorus]

Nova genesis

Born from the ending

Nova genesis

Rise from the wreckage

I am the first light

After the last night

 

[Verse 2]

City turned to scattered glass

Every name I knew dissolved

Still I walk the broken road

Where the quiet dust revolves

 

[Pre-Chorus]

So let it fade

Let it fade completely

 

[Chorus]

Nova genesis

Born from the ending

Nova genesis

Rise from the wreckage

I am the first light

After the last night

 

[Bridge]

Not an ending

Not a hollow grave

Just a doorway

To a world I get to save

I was ashes

Now I am the flame

Nova genesis

Remember my name

 

[Chorus]

Nova genesis

Born from the ending

Nova genesis

Rise from the wreckage

I am the first light

After the last night

 

[Outro]

Nova genesis

Nova genesis


Search This Blog